Its summer time – you are in your garden with your beloved family and friends, then suddenly you ask yourself why grilled food tastes so much better? The Food Advice tries to answer your question!
The Science of Grilling
Grilling is one of the oldest cooking methods, dating back to prehistoric times. The heat from the grill cooks the food from the outside in, making it more tender and juicy. Grilling also seals in the juices and flavors, making the food taste better.
The Aromas and Flavors of Grilled Food
When you cook food over an open flame, the heat and smoke create a variety of aromas and flavors that are not possible when cooking food in a pan or oven. These aromas and flavors are the result of the Maillard reaction, which is a chemical reaction that takes place when proteins and carbohydrates are heated together. The aromas and flavors of grilled food are a result of the combination of the smoke from the grill, the spices used, and the natural flavor of the food.
The Health Benefits of Grilled Food
You may ask yourself how healthy grilled food is, and rightly so! Grilling involves lots of fat, but also lots of fat that gets burned away and never gets into your body. Grilled vegetables are also healthier than raw or cooked vegetables, and the most important part: You get to spend time with your family outside.
But in the end, you decide how healthy you want to live. You can throw meat mountain after meat mountain on the grill, or do a healthy mix with fine meat and tasty vegetables, which automatically makes it a healthier option.
Health Benefits Of Grilled Food
- Grilled food is a healthy option because by grilling the food, it loses all of its excess fat.
- Grilling can be a good source of antioxidants, all the flavors you may add include antioxidants, with sage, basil and thyme.
- Grilled food is a good source of vitamins and minerals, in grilling the food you make sure to preserve the essential vitamins such as vitamin B2 or vitamin B1.
- Grilled food is a good source of healthy fats, because as mentioned above: all the excess fats get melted away while grilling, so whats left is fat that is good for you!
The Best Grilled Foods to Eat
Chicken Skewers are not only tasty but can be adjusted to your own personal liking, like it raw? Put meat over meat over meat. Like it well-mixed? Add some vegetables. The Food Advice shows you a good and healthy way of preparing Chicken Skewers.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut chicken into desired lengths.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and any other desired spices. Add vegetables such as tomatoes, pickles or whatever you like.
- Grill chicken skewers for about 3-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Serve skewers hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Cheese sandwiches are made in heaven, grill them and you’ll see God, not only is the crunchy shell a perfect invitation to the soft, creamy inside, it is also super easy to make!
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Start with a good quality bread!
Theres loads of options when it comes to bread, but for grilled cheese we recommend Sourdough, Pumpernickel or Deli Rye bread.
Choose your cheese.
Oh Cheese! We all love cheese and when it comes to grilling the best (in our opinion) cheese is Gruyère or Raclette cheese.
Add your favorite toppings.
Whatever you want it to be, there isn’t really a boundary as long as you add what you like the most and try it out, who knows, maybe you create a stunning recipe that makes you famous!
Now all you got to do is grill it, grill it till it is crusty golden (or darker) and serve it. You’ll fully enjoy this moment.
Grilled food can indeed be a healthy option, and will always be tasty, if you are vegan or not, there are many tasty recipes and ways to prepare your own healthy grilled meal to share with your family and friends!