This salad is a staple of Greek cuisine and is enjoyed as a light meal or appetizer. It is made with simple, fresh ingredients and can be prepared in minutes. If you want a refreshing, tasty and healthy salad this one is just right for you.
Greek Peasant Salad: Why Its So Good
There are many reasons why Greek peasant salad is so good. For starters, the ingredients are simple and fresh, allowing the natural flavors of the vegetables to shine. The salad also features a variety of textures and flavors, from the crunch of the cucumber to the tang of the feta cheese. Plus, it’s a healthy and light option, perfect for a summer meal.
So why is Greek peasant salad so popular? I think it comes down to three things: the quality of the ingredients, the perfect balance of flavors, and the fact that it’s so easy to prepare. With just a few simple steps, you can have a delicious and satisfying salad that’s perfect for any occasion.
Extremely Delicious & Easy To Make Greek Peasant SaladCourse: Light Meal, AppetizersCuisine: GreekDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is extremely easy to make and will make you fall in love with greek salads, just follow the instructions and enjoy it in roughly 20 minutes. Leave a rating if you tried & enjoyed it, it would mean a lot to me!
1 bell pepper(s), red and green
250 g tomato(s)
100 feta cheese
½ jar olives, black, approx. 100 g
62 ½ ml olive oil
½ lemon(s), juice of it
salt and pepper
- Wash cucumber and cut unpeeled into thin slices or pieces
- Wash peppers, remove seeds and cut into thin strips
- Wash tomatoes and cut into eighths
- Peel onions and cut into fine rings
- Dice feta cheese and sprinkle with oregano
- Drain olives and place in a bowl with cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, onions and feta cheese
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to make a dressing and pour over salad